Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Vintage Faire

Last week was crazy busy!  My parents came to visit and I was in the final countdown to my first vintage/handmade event as a vendor.  The Vintage Faire was a great first show!  A friend and I combined our spaces and it was a lot of fun/work/success!

Here are some pics of some of my pieces from our space.

 These chairs sold right away (they were a pair.)  There were several women who picked up the & sign, carried it around, and then decided against it.  I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking maybe because it didn't have any way to hang it.  I'll be adding a wire to it soon.

 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mirror.  It didn't sell either (I took these pictures in the afternoon after a VERY busy three hours, so a lot of our stuff was all ready gone.  I just don't think this mirror found the right person, and it could be that I am the right person!  I'm not sure this one will make it to another show.  I had a hard time taking it in the first place.

We had a pretty good collection of vintage kitchen items.  Now we have a much smaller collection!!!

I painted several of these trays.  I really love them.  It was fun to do something different on each one.

And a garden display.  Thanks to my mom for the wheat grass to add a pop of color and life!  Did you know that you can grow wheat grass from wheat seed (or wheatberries - they are the same thing) and grow wheat grass in just a week?  Isn't that awesome!  We've been adding it to our morning smoothies to add a little extra health boost!  It grows like crazy!

 ___

If you want to see pictures of projects in process, including our crazy chicken coop, check out our facebook page!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover