Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Leena - hand painted two tiered table

This sweet table was an experiment for me, and ended up being both fun and lovely!


I painted the entire table a pale blue, then mixed a nice bright white with some Flood Floetrol and got out my artists' brushes.


I didn't trace anything out, I didn't have a plan or a picture I was looking at, I just started painting and had fun with it.  It isn't symmetrical or perfect, it is free and fun and happy!


This is the top, and this photo shoot happened in about 30 seconds because I was dodging raindrops as you can see.



Here is a portion of the second tier. 


Lastly, the pretty legs.  After I was done I covered here in a dark wax and buffed her out for a nice patina and some age.  She doesn't seem like a girl who would mind a bit of age to make things interesting!



_____________________

Don't forget about the $20 Etsy gift card drawing that will happen on my facebook page when we have 250 'likes' over there.  If you haven't all ready liked the AHR page, be sure to head over there and join us and get entered into the drawing.  If you have, be sure to share the page with your friends - I will hold the drawing just as soon as we hit 250.  As I am writing this we are at 222!  Only 28 more friends to find!

______________________

Leena is for sale.  For more information see me Portfolio and Available Page

______________________

I will be sharing at:
Elizabeth and Co: Be Inspired
Miss Mustard Seed's: Furniture Feature Friday 

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, megan! that is beautiful! love the design!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover