Friday, January 18, 2013

Penelope Ann Grows Up - Gossip Bench

When I was a sophomore in High School I had a bit part in the musical Bye Bye Birdie.  The name of the character was Penelope Ann. 
There is a song in the beginning of the show called the Telephone Hour.

When ever I think about a gossip bench, I hear that song in my head.

  
Well, I think Penelope Ann grew up beautifully!


The finish on this piece was in good condition.  I only applied some linseed oil to help reinvigorate it.


I think this modern color damask gives her a lovely and current look.







_________________________

Penelope Ann is for sale.  See my Portfolio and Available Page for details. 

______________________________

I will be sharing at:
Elizabeth & Co.'s Be Inspired  
The Dedicated House's Make It Pretty Monday 


3 comments :

  1. I would love to see what these pieces look like before you fix them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric choice. You are so amazing with your work.

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover