Friday, February 4, 2011

Fresh Eggs

OK, I might be a tiny bit excited for spring!  :)

I took down all of my winter decorations (Christmas had been down for awhile, but I left winter up.)  I know we still have at least another month of winter up here and probably longer, but I just am DONE with winter.

I have been planning and decorating for SPRING!

The boys and I went down to the feed store to find out what breeds of chicks they are going to get in and when so I can order the breeds I want from them and arrange to have to rest that I want shipped to on or around the same day.

I'm planning out the design for our chicken coop.
 

AND. . .

Well, did I mention that I might be just a little bit excited?  :)

 My mom gave me a Silhouette for Christmas.  With so much going on today was the first time I had a chance to sit down and really figure out how it works.  I am IN LOVE with my new sign and I am IN LOVE with my Silhouette.  What a great machine!  I've all ready thought of a dozen more projects that this is going to be very helpful with. 

I used the Silhouette to cut a stencil and then used the stencil on an old weathered cedar shake.   I love the character of aged cedar.

For now, it is going to be a part of my spring mantel.  Later perhaps it will hang on the coop to inspire the girls!

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments :

  1. So adorable! I want one for our chicken coop! You're going to love having chickens- it is really fun. We got all different breeds and they all seem to get along great- and they all have nice temperaments, too. Even the Americanas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredibly cute. It looks great. You're doing some awesome things at your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls down Tule way say cluck, cluck and we are beautiful and so we laid a green brick and peach egg, because we love GAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rory and Megan. Mom, you're a little bit crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LoVe this and would go perfectly on my coop! Great job! I've heard lots about this Silouette and I'm thinking I cannot go much longer w/out one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover