Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vintage Love - Tins

I haven't done a Vintage Love post since we arrived in Oregon.  A few days ago on one of my shopping trips I came across an entire vintage tin collection for an amazing price and I knew it was time to remedy that!  I just love these old tea and confection tins.  They are colorful and intricate and useful!  One of my favorite combinations.

Who wouldn't love to receive a gift of English Toffee in this perfect tin?


I particularly love the texture of the gold rope boarder.


This one doesn't have "Made in England" stamped on the bottom, instead a "Made in Taiwan," which normally would make me leave it behind, but it's beautiful colors and delicate pattern just called out to me.  I imagine the original owner experienced the same thing.  It is just so unusual.  



My mother had the blue version of this tin in our house growing up.  I can't remember what was in it, buttons maybe, but even though they are somewhat common, I always buy this tin when I see it because it nudges me in a nostalgic place.  


 This one is also dented and rusted just enough to make it interesting.



This is my absolute favorite of the bunch.  I've never had another one like this.  Aren't the colors and the design just amazing?



A slightly different tin with this same motif is the tin that originally peaked my interest in vintage tins.  It is hard to tell from the photo, but the design is pressed all over, giving it a wonderful physical texture in addition to the colorful design.


I also really like the hinged tins.




This is the largest tin in the collection.  I love the handles on the lid and on the bottom.



The colors are also sweet and feminine.



This last tin was not with the rest.  This is one that I've had in my personal collection that I just can't seem to find a place in this house for.  The Opal House is quite a bit smaller than the Apple House was and I have been selling some of the treasures that adorned the Apple House if I don't have a place for them in this house.


It took me awhile to decide to give this one up.  I love the colors and the flowers on it, and it's hinged, but I have been moving it around my house for several months and not liking it anywhere, so I'm hoping someone else will love it and find a use for it.




So, does this make you want to start your own collection of vintage tins?  Which one is your favorite?


1 comment :

  1. The one you said is your favorite is mine too. It's beautiful! I love the colors and the design on the lid. I'm going to have to start looking for these!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover