Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vintage Love - via Oregon

We returned last Friday from our annual family reunion on the Oregon Coast.  Link and I would both love to live there someday, it is so beautiful.  


In addition to walking on the beach, taking naps, eating good food, and visiting with family, I was able to get some time away from the boys to go 'treasure hunting."

Here are a few of my favorite finds.

I'm a sucker for vintage colored Pyrex bowls and casserole dishes.  I found these four in Oregon.




I particularly love this orange one.  I've never seen one pressed like this before.

On our way down we stopped at possibly the best yard sale I have ever been too.  The prices were a little high, but this couples stuff was amazing!  I picked up this half pint milk bottle.  It reads "Yakima City Creamery  phone 6181" on one side.  The logo reads "Pasteurized Milk - Maid O' Clover Dairy Products."

The other side is what really cracks me up!  It reads "Milk is the only real complexion builder."

And a picture of the a woman drinking a glass of milk.  I LOVE IT!

 I also happened upon some neat old tea tins.  Both of these lovelies were made in England.


I wandered into a liquidation store out of curiosity.  There was nothing for sale that interested me, however, there were these two door knobs sitting by themselves in one of the rooms.  I asked the woman how much she wanted for them and she told me, "nothing, go ahead and take them."  She had just found them in the bottom of a box and didn't know what to do with them.  I told her I was happy to pay for them, but she insisted.  She thought they were neat and was happy to pass them along to someone else who thought so too.



This is just a tiny bit of all my treasures.  My ultimate find of the trip was a set of very old blueprints to a gunner ship.  Very cool.  I have no idea what I will do with then and can't figure out how to photograph it without help, so they will have to wait.

As always, it is taking some time to readjust to real life after a vacation and we are slowing getting back into the swing of things around here.  I picked up my paintbrush for the first time today and was happy to be back to work!  Isn't that a crazy thing to say!  I love it!

1 comment :

  1. It was nice knowing that you still keep your little thing in its proper places because this is one way of showing how we value our things.We love it and I am looking forward to your next post. God bless.


    house and lot for sale philippines

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover