Friday, July 22, 2011

Country Girl

I picked up this cute side table at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  I didn't take a before picture, but I sure wish I had.  This is the first time I have ever come across a piece that has been *attacked* by a stain/poly combo.  I've never come across a reason that I wanted to use this kind of combo, so I'm not sure what the logic behind it is, and clearly neither did the person who attempted to finish this table before me.  WHAT A MESS!


 I stripped the top and stained it Dark Walnut.



The bottom I painted BEHR's Magnolia Blossom, my go-to creamy white.


I distressed her pretty well and went over her with a dark colored wax.


This sweet French Country girl is for sale for $70.
Email me at applehouserevival@gmail.com if you are interested.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover