Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back from the Beach

Well, we are back from spending a week on the coast, a whole whopping hour away from where we live!  It's awesome living in such a magnificent place!

I didn't pull out my camera the entire time I was there.  I tried to just enjoy the time with my boys.  I did keep my phone handy, so I can show you a few shots of my cute boys - even if they aren't the best photos.

We rode beach bikes, they are so much fun.

Do you love Lincoln's beard?  He is going to be an extra in a film about one of his ancestors and he has to look like a wild mountain man.  I think he's got it down, don't you think?


This was the first year that John Henry could ride a beach bike.  He had a ball.  Leo, on the other hand, was very frustrated that he couldn't do it too and did his best to thwart his big brother's fun.


He ended up being pretty happy just sitting on one and letting us push him around a little bit.  Do you like his hat?  It's his current two year old obsession.  He LOVES wearing that hat.  I expect we will have six months of photos featuring the 2009 Old Navy Hat.


We made Star Spangled Soda.  It looked cool and tasted horrible, but the kids thought it was awesome.  Instructions on how to do it can be found on BabyCenter (of all places?)   Thank you Pinterest


We did cyanotypes with the kids.  They were amazed.  It is pretty cool project.


We let the boys ride a merry-go-around.  Leo wasn't too sure about it at first.


But he warmed up to it.


John Henry is a huge fan.


And by the end they were both all smiles.  Isn't childhood wonderful?


There was a lot of Ice Cream consumed, running, swimming, sand castle building, and fun.  The best part is, we don't have to wait until next year to do it again!  We were thinking we might go back for the day in a week or two.  ;)  For the time being, it's back to the grind stone for me.  I've got SO MUCH work to get done.

1 comment :

  1. Awww, those beach bikes look like a blast. LOVE that first pic of Link and Leo. And so cute about the hat :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover