Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Transitional"

One of the most difficult things about renovating and decorating the Apple House is trying to take the very modern furnishings we had in our town house and make them work in a log home.  Today I learned about a new decor style called "Transitional" which is, evidently, sort of the look I am going for.

avaliving.com


Here's what I'm really saying.  You will not see any parts of any dead animals in my house (well, maybe some antlers painted terracotta, but probably not.)  Leather is out.  Log furniture is out (because, HELLO, do we not have enough logs to look out w/out putting log furniture in a log house?)

I will put curtains on all my windows to add softness to the house, despite (GASP) the fact that log homes are not supposed to have curtains.

I will, however, try to respect the nature of the home by using softer colors than I normally would, by using natural elements, and by using texture instead of pattern to bring interest to my home, so as not to compete with the strong geometric force created by the logs' horizontal lines.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover