Thursday, November 1, 2012

Julie's Desk

My cousin, Julie, has recently taken the exciting step of becoming her own boss! If you live in the Portland area and need someone to talk to, I would highly recommend Five Seeds Counseling.

Julie wanted her office to be comfortable and home like.  She asked for my help.  The first thing she needed was a desk.  She brought me this darling.  Someone had done a hack job of trying to restore her.
 

After some love and attention, you can see that she is a new girl.


Inside.


The colors in Julie's office are a pale sage green, various creams, and this beautiful plum color.  Isn't it fantastic?  And isn't that hardware amazing?  It isn't the original hardware.  At least the person who tried to refinish her first gave her some pretty jewelry. 


The body is a creamy white with a pale wheat color glaze.


Some strategic distressing, a coat of dark wax, both inside and out, and she is now the most charming secretary in the building! 

The next time I am at Julie's office I will take my camera and show you the rest of her office.  It is a beautiful room.

____________________

I am sharing at:
French Country Cottages: Feathered Nest Friday 
Primitive and Proper's: Piece of Word Wednesday

2 comments :

  1. It's too cute I love purple and I look forward to seeing pictures of the whole office. Your blog is new to me. I like it! Gonna go look around a bit now.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun is that! love the contrast and that shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover