Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pretty and Practical

So, just so that you all are aware, I am insane.  I decided on Tuesday to participate as an artist in an event here in our small town this Saturday, as in tomorrow.  Yes.  I have lost my mind.

So, chaos has ensued and anything that isn't moving is getting painted.

Today I finished up another chair that may or may not make it down to the event. . .


Isn't she pretty?  I love the contrast of the elegant fabric on the cushion with the distressed wood.


I painted it a fairly warm cream color, distressed, dry brushed over everything with a pure white, distressed a bit more, and then finished it off with a dark wax.


The fabric was an upholstery sample that I had in my fabric stash.  I've long thought it was pretty, but didn't know what to do with it.  


The chair itself lent itself to this juxtaposition as well.  The top has clean straight lines continuing down the back, however, the front legs are much more decorative.


This chair belongs in a sewing room, I think.  Something pretty, yet practical.  Where would you put it? 


_____

I'm sharing at
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday
Restore Interiors' Restore It Wednesday 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover