Sunday, June 19, 2011

Art in the Park

Yesterday I participated in Omak's Art in the Park as a vendor.  It was a last minute decision.  I decided to go for it on Tuesday.  I worked like a crazy person the rest of the week to get ready for it.

The weather was terrible and I sold very little.  You would think I would be upset, but actually, it was a good experience.  I have a lot of things ready of the next show that I am going to do and I have more photographs to submit for bigger shows that want to see your booth set up, and I know I can deal with rain.  Nothing some drop cloths and a little extra wax on hand can't fix!  (It also helps that today I got a call from someone who decided to buy one of my pieces and is going to come pick it up tomorrow.)

So, here are some of the photos I took.


Hmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the picture doesn't do a great job of showing the booth.  I think it looked pretty cute and I'm very picky about merchandising.  I do need work on the backdrops.  They were a bit of an afterthought, as they were required with the rain, however, I do think that I would always want to have at least one on the back to keep what ever is behind the booth from competing visually, so while the drop cloths and the sheer fabric were great, they need to be fine tuned.



I got my logo done and created a sign.  I love how it turned out.  I even had someone try to buy it from me.  I may be doing more of these kinds of signs.

It's funny how different shows, even in the same town, can have such different results.  See the sign there on the left, I sold all but one of them yesterday.  At the last show I did (in the next town over, about 2 miles away) I only sold one.  Strange, huh?


Everyone loves these, but not enough to buy them.  What do you all think, do they look too simple?  People feel like they can make them easily themselves?  I'm not sure I will be making more.  I think they are deceptive.  They were a pain in the butt and without specialized software I'm not sure I would have had great luck.


Lots of love for the Buttercup Chair, but no one took her home.  I'm sure she'll find her place soon enough, though.  She is just so charming.

Well, that's it.  I'm exhausted - still.  However, this show was much easier to get ready for than the last one, and I think that each one will get easier and easier.  Something about what practice makes. . .

:)  Goodnight.

1 comment :

  1. Isn't it great fun meeting all those fabulous pp when we do shows. Great attitude regarding this show and the lack of sales. We always are learning for the next chance out of the gate.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover