Thursday, March 3, 2011

ch-ch-ch-CHIA

Link and I love sprouts.  We have found that while alfalfa  sprouts are good, there are many kinds of sprouts with widely varying flavors and we seem to like all of them.

Not long ago I came across this site and learned that you can grow (and eat!) sprouts from, well, just about anything.  How about that.

As I browsed around the site I discovered that you can sprout chia seeds.  I often add chia seeds (known for their high protein and fiber content, in addition to other beneficial vitamins and elements) to my smoothies, oatmeal, and bread.  I always keep them on hand and I decided to try to sprout them!
Hey look!  Cute little sprouts!

Well, what do you know.  I guess anyone who has ever had a Chia Pet would have known this would work, but I've never had a Chia Pet.  Besides, who would have though that you could EAT your Chia Puppy's green fur?  Now Link and I can always have a fresh supply of delicious sprouts for our salads and sandwiches!  I think my kitchen window seal is going to become a dedicated sprout growing spot.  I can't wait to try sprouting other things!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Whatta ya think?

Pin It button on image hover